A permanent secretary in the Enugu State civil service, Mrs Eunice
Ugwu, has described as false and mischievous, some newspapers’ reports
that she was quizzed by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission
(EFCC), over the construction of a new workers’ secretariat.
Until her elevation by Governor Sullivan Chime to the post of a
permanent secretary, Mrs Ugwu was the Accountant General of Enugu State.
In a press statement, which she personally signed, she said “I wish
to make it categorically clear that there is no truth whatsoever in
these reports, because I was not, at any time, invited or interrogated
by the EFCC on the issue of the new secretariat or any other issue for
that matter.
“Also, I did not, at any time, receive officials or operatives of the
EFCC in my office, let alone hold discussions with them on the above
project or on any other issue concerning the state.
“These reports are, therefore, for all intents and purposes, wicked
and mischievous fabrications that could only have been designed to
embarrass me and the government of Enugu State. I challenge the
reporters to provide evidence to contradict this fact.
“The authors of this deliberate and obviously syndicated falsehood
also mischievously claimed that I was removed as Accountant-General and
appointed a permanent secretary as a consequence of the non-existent
interrogation by the EFCC.
“My simple response to this is to express my gratitude to Governor
Sullivan Chime for finding me worthy of elevation along with other
citizens of Enugu State to the coveted pinnacle of the state civil
service.”
No comments:
Post a Comment